Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More Books

The recent selections we've had in my book club have been quite good. Latest:

"My Cleaner" by Maggie Gee
"Mister Pip" by Lloyd Jones
"The Road Home" by Rose Tremaine

It also looks as though the club is going through a sort of schism-- part of the gang want to move the meeting back to the small branch library where it began, and the remaining members want to keep the meeting place where it is. I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out (I don't have any strong opinions-- both locations are within biking distance of our house).

I am hoping that we will read some good non-fiction stuff at some point in the next few months, since my "diet" of non-fiction has been rather thin lately. I am reading "Dreams of My Father" by Barack Obama on the side, but I'd still like to find something else. My last really good non-fiction selection was Dan Koeppel's "Banana: The Fate of the Fruit that Changed the World" -- don't pass it up if you happen to see a copy.

No comments: