Saturday, December 5, 2009

Off for a Bike Ride

Here is an inter-generational photo of some assorted male family members getting ready for a bike ride, just after Thanksgiving.


Pretty motley crew. Rustin is on his commuter bike, Ethan is riding Rustin's old mountain bike (a superb ride), I'm riding my ancient road bike, and my dad is stuck with my beat-up old moutain bike, which is in horrendous shape-- it never fully recovered from a year of hard use in England. I am somewhat amazed that he managed to make it all the way through the ride without a catastrophic breakdown of some sort.

We had a nice Thanksgiving meal, then hosted Janet and Tom for brunch the following Sunday. Their son Theo is now four months old and is an incredibly good-natured and cute baby-- lots of smiles.

No comments: