Friday, November 26, 2010

Fall Soccer (Lydia's team)

Here are some pictures from Lydia's fall soccer season, which has finally wrapped up (I thought were were done a week ago, but then I wound up spending almost the entire weekend shuttling the both kids around to tournament games).

This season I took a shot at being division director for Lydia's age group (for the in-town teams, not the travel teams). It was interesting; the early part of the season (forming teams) was trickier than I had anticipated, but then the second part of the season was a breeze. I shared both coaching and division-director jobs with my friend Noah, which as always worked out really well.

Here's a little "action sequence": Lydia receiving the ball and then taking off towards the goal with it:




The final game of the season was great-- the weather was perfect (nice and warm, no need for the long underwear, gloves, or hats. Couple of team photos:



Lucky us, one of the parents brought in some cupcakes to celebrate the end of the season. All thoughts of soccer were left aside as the team concentrated on the more important business at hand...


It was a nice way to finish out the season.

No comments: