Monday, July 18, 2016

More July Happenings

A few more July photos.

From the Peabody-Essex Museum; Amy and I went to take in a visiting Rodin exhibit. They had a very interesting video showing the entire process used for casting a bronze piece from a plaster model -- I had no idea how complicated and labor-intensive it was. 




This was my first visit to the Peabody-Essex -- it's a much bigger museum than I had realized.


This past weekend I drove Lydia out to Amherst to drop her off at her NUTC frisbee camp (very hot! CT valley can be sweltering in the summer), then I decided to head on up and spend the night in Vermont visiting with my mom and brother. Also had dinner with Sue and Bob, who came over Sat night.

In the morning I spend some time working in the garden, staking and weeding the asparagus.


The garden got a very late start this year because of my mom's pneumonia (which really knocked her for a loop), but it was hard to tell judging from all of the green growing things. Fantastic broccoli this year, it really took off (also chard, peas, onions, potatoes, ...).






My brother came down for breakfast a bit later in the morning; Ma made her traditional sourdough pancake breakfast with bacon, also fresh peaches (yum).

Some photos from my brother's cabin. He has been doing emergency roof repairs, having discovered major leaks upon arriving for the visit.  I spend a couple of hours helping with the last little bit, mainly cleaning up the old shingles but also helping to lay the last shingles on the section that was being repaired. Roofing is a nasty business -- no matter how hard you try you always get covered with tar.





Kind of a short visit (less than 24 hours), but it was nice to see everyone.

No comments: